The Club

The League's Clubhouse
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:30 am 
Archivist

It's not a question of feeling persona non grata. It's a question of being persona non grata. My account has been deleted. Sam made it quite clear that if I wished to participate I had to keep my mouth shut about anything and everything he specified. I can't promise that.

And nearly everyone I consider to be my friend is over there, where it's insular. The point about the League is that it was everywhere. It was never meant to be about one forum or another - it was about the people who remained friends wherever they were. But then Sam came along with acf and, after everyone emigrated from C+ and he felt comfortable with the numbers, he decided to start banning people and banning discussion of other fora on the basis that he didn't see why he should advertise other fora on his (at one point he even told Charlotte off for the MVC thing).

If you're still part of ACF then you won't notice. But I'm not and can't be.

I MISS MY FRIENDS, DAMMIT.

A lot of them won't go to C+ any more. Because Sam is so dictatorial those of us who were part of this thing way back when are being excluded from our friends and it hurts. It hurts me that Sam has done this and hurts too, I admit, that many of the people I consider friends confine themselves to ACF despite the fact that some of us are banned.

And I couldn't escape that feeling when I was on the Dun Run this year. I couldn't escape the feeling that for the rest of the year I don't have contact with people whom I had thought had become friends because I can't go where they are and they don't come out.

It makes you feel stupid, because on the one hand you think "Yay! I made friends on the internet and they're really cool people." You invite them to stay at your house and organise fun things to do together. Then some bugger with OCD comes along, says either you conform to his anal retentive rules or don't play at all and suddenly that's it. All your friends are somewhere else and there's nothing you can do about it except feel FUCKING PISSED OFF AND ANGRY.

So there. I shall bloody well feel bitter if I want to, Nutty, and if you think I'm being childish then that's because you haven't been banned from talking to your friends over a stupid difference of opinion.

Next year. Closest Saturday to the Summer Solstice. Dumbarton to St Andrews. Frankly I don't care who does or doesn't turn up any more. I'm bloody doing it.

Sam

http://quantumcoyote.com
"Ya'd think we could just attracts ants, like normal people."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:51 am 
Honourable Member

Ravenbait wrote:

A lot of them won't go to C+ any more. Because Sam is so dictatorial those of us who were part of this thing way back when are being excluded from our friends and it hurts. It hurts me that Sam has done this and hurts too, I admit, that many of the people I consider friends confine themselves to ACF despite the fact that some of us are banned.

All your friends are somewhere else and there's nothing you can do about it except feel FUCKING PISSED OFF AND ANGRY.

So there. I shall bloody well feel bitter if I want to, Nutty, and if you think I'm being childish then that's because you haven't been banned from talking to your friends over a stupid difference of opinion.

Next year. Closest Saturday to the Summer Solstice. Dumbarton to St Andrews. Frankly I don't care who does or doesn't turn up any more. I'm bloody doing it.

Sam

Hugs.

For me, C+ isn't worth visiting any more, I don't enjoy it. ACF is a natural place to be and I find it a shame that there's a couple of you that can't "come out and play". Here, unfortunately, hasn't taken off as well as ACF, so although I lurk and keep an eye open, I rarely find the need to sign in or post.

and no, I don't think you're being overly childish.

Out of interest, are you around in September (25-29)? I have a few days off and am thinking of a short cycle tour. Destination still unknown but considering "scenery" so Wales/Scotland are this week high on the list...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:16 pm 
Upstanding Member

nuttycyclist wrote:
<snip>
Out of interest, are you around in September (25-29)? I have a few days off and am thinking of a short cycle tour. Destination still unknown but considering "scenery" so Wales/Scotland are this week high on the list...

Ah, Nutty - so that's still on the cards. Your acf thread disappeared - but had a tip from Simon L3 on cheap one-way rail fares to Perth.

I'd meant to add a comment to the thread-I-couldn't-find to suggest (just as an idea), Perth - Berwick/Carlisle, looping into the southern hihglands and back down through Fife, over the Forth Bridge and down through the Borders to pick up a train south. Certainly do-able in 5 longish days at touring speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:20 pm 
Archivist

nuttycyclist wrote:
For me, C+ isn't worth visiting any more, I don't enjoy it. ACF is a natural place to be and I find it a shame that there's a couple of you that can't "come out and play". Here, unfortunately, hasn't taken off as well as ACF, so although I lurk and keep an eye open, I rarely find the need to sign in or post.

And if everyone else does the same, no wonder the place hasn't taken off and no wonder some of us (or maybe just me) feel like you over there on Asteroid M don't love us any more. We don't know if you're there.

Quote:

Probably. Haven't got any plans yet. so if you're first I can stick you in the diary before someone else asks me if I want to do something.

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:08 pm 
Honourable Member

Can I be your friend aunty Ravenbait?
I haven't read this all through until today and I am a bit upset if what you say of ACF is right. Sam has put up a good forum and I am sorry you can't play.
Hope I'll get on here a bit more often and try and pretend I am a "Proper Cyclist" :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:38 am 
Archivist

I don't want to make anyone fall out with Sam.

This is a personal matter between me, him and anyone else he has taken against. I'm just trying to explain why I won't be going on the Dun Run and why I feel strongly enough about it that I'm prepared to do something that might seem to others like cutting off my nose to spite my face.

I don't like feeling excluded and we get few enough decent friends in this world that the ones we do get are worth getting all worked up over.

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:49 am 
Honourable Member

Hi Sam,
Just re read what I posted and I really hope it doesn't sound patronising, it wasn't meant to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:27 pm 
Archivist

Not at all PD.

Of course we're friends :hug:

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:09 pm 
Retained Solicitor

Ravenbait wrote:

If you're still part of ACF then you won't notice. But I'm not and can't be.

... Then some bugger with OCD comes along, says either you conform to his anal retentive rules or don't play at all ...

looks like its just you and me pet :D

you coming out to play?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:11 pm 
Retained Solicitor

Ravenbait wrote:
I don't want to make anyone fall out with Sam.

This is a personal matter between me, him and anyone else he has taken against. ...

are we referring to anyone in particular here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:04 am 
Archivist

spen666 wrote:

looks like its just you and me pet :D

you coming out to play?

My new boss just gave me a ticking off for using the internet outside lunchtime. So not until later darling.

And no, I couldn't possibly indicate that I was referring to anyone in particular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:53 pm 
Upstanding Member

Then we have a ride/camp/drink organised under this site's banner. I will continue to tour all three sites and when time allows will post a bFrench history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:37 pm 
Honourable Member

"And if everyone else does the same, no wonder the place hasn't taken off and no wonder some of us (or maybe just me) feel like you over there on Asteroid M don't love us any more. We don't know if you're there."

I first came across you and your website over on the C+ forum about 4 years ago: I read the pages with a mixture of awe, disbelief and admiration.
I liked you straight away and even though we rarely interact and have never met, I find you a fascinating person and one that I enjoy "knowing".
I was saddened by your obvious sadness and, would just like you to know that I am here lurking on a regular basis, but from now on will make more regular contributions......I can't promise they will be interesting or funny but they will be there!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:43 am 
Upstanding Member

Coming back to this, I erect no banner for the end of September. It is a visit from an Australian friend that would be made nicer with as big a turn out as possible whether asteroidal, League/Sorority or even Elsewhere. Please let me know who may be coming. Plan has now firmed up. Carl arrives on the 25th and goes out on CM on the Friday. On Saturday September 30th there is a shortish pub ride from mine followed by a barbecue. There is space for a few bodies to crash in mine (probably about eight) and I will be looking at putting up about 4 tents in the back garden.
My address will be sent to anyone who PMs me and isn't a spambot.[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:23 pm 
Honourable Member

Ravenbait wrote:
nuttycyclist wrote:
Quote:

Probably. Haven't got any plans yet. so if you're first I can stick you in the diary before someone else asks me if I want to do something.

Sam

Sorry I haven't replied sooner Sam, life is just too hectic.

I haven't even started planning for the week off I have that starts tomorrow; let alone the end of the month!