The Club

The League's Clubhouse
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Missing in (in)Action
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:35 pm 
Offline
Retained Solicitor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:43 am
Posts: 563
Where has the beloved leader gone?

Where for that matter are the ferret botherers and assorted others?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:03 pm 
Offline
Secretary
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:11 pm
Posts: 806
Location: A wretched hive of scum and villainy
I presume Sam's still waiting for a broadband connection to be set up at wherever she has moved to.

As for everyone else, short of calling them splitters :twisted: , I don't know. :?

The thing is, if members are passing through, seeing it's quiet and therefore not hanging around, it sets up a vicious circle that results in just the usual suspects posting in here. :(

If those members passing by put something in, so that there was discernible activity over and above my daily spambot-killing routine :wink: , maybe it would generate more activity... :roll:

_________________
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, but there'll probably be some clips of it on YouTube. (c/o Stew & Gil Scott Heron)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:44 pm 
Offline
Retained Solicitor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:43 am
Posts: 563
spesh wrote:
I presume Sam's still waiting for a broadband connection to be set up at wherever she has moved to.

As for everyone else, short of calling them splitters :twisted: , I don't know. :?

The thing is, if members are passing through, seeing it's quiet and therefore not hanging around, it sets up a vicious circle that results in just the usual suspects posting in here. :(

If those members passing by put something in, so that there was discernible activity over and above my daily spambot-killing routine :wink: , maybe it would generate more activity... :roll:



Well I post but there's no one to reply to- so I end up discussing things with myself wibble


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:02 pm 
Offline
Right Honourable Member

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:05 pm
Posts: 156
I get up to stuff that's too embarassing to post about. For example - I'm sat here on my bed having a quick read whilst listening to Clannad "The Celts" bouncing around with excitement as I'm about to drive to Guildford to collect my mate and her little girl.

We will then go to a huge local garden centre for the opening of their Christmas display - it's huge, and full of shiny sparkly things and lights and mince pies and it's just too, too girly for words.

This is not an isolated incident. This is what my life is like. :wink:

I'm hosting a 20 mile hilly for the local ACF ladies tomorrow though - I may have incriminating photos to share!

See ya.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:25 pm 
Offline
Secretary
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:11 pm
Posts: 806
Location: A wretched hive of scum and villainy
spen666 wrote:
Well I post but there's no one to reply to- so I end up discussing things with myself wibble


Some of the best conversations I've had have been inside my own head.

At least, that's what the voices tell me... :P

_________________
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, but there'll probably be some clips of it on YouTube. (c/o Stew & Gil Scott Heron)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:07 am 
Offline
Right Honourable Member

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:05 pm
Posts: 156
And today my ride will partially be carried out to the dulcet tones of the New Forest Plonkers!!!

I have husband-cooked triple chocolate brownies to take with me though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:19 am 
Offline
Retained Solicitor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:43 am
Posts: 563
Cath Humes wrote:
And today my ride will partially be carried out to the dulcet tones of the New Forest Plonkers!!!

I have husband-cooked & triple chocolate brownies to take with me though.


isn't cooking your husband a form of domestic violence


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:05 pm 
Offline
Upstanding Member

Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:52 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Surrey
More to the point, does he generate enough heat?

_________________
I am my own critical mass


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:37 pm 
Offline
Right Honourable Member

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:05 pm
Posts: 156
Whew! I'm back, having now recovered from a horrible computer death. Took nearly a week to sort out and I now have a "new" old computer.

So, as for the domestic violence and husband heat-generation, I can only announce gladly that he seems to love slaving over a hot stove (he's offered more brownies for my next outing, totally un-coerced) and taking into consideration the state of him after a heavy cooking session, I do sometimes wonder if he needs the oven at all.

I'll post a picture of the next set of moist, crumbly chocolate-chunk-containing slices of wickedness to emerge from his kitchen.

A man who cooks!! It doesn't get any better than this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:23 pm 
Offline
Retained Solicitor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:43 am
Posts: 563
Cath Humes wrote:
Whew! I'm back, having now recovered from a horrible computer death. Took nearly a week to sort out and I now have a "new" old computer.

So, as for the domestic violence and husband heat-generation, I can only announce gladly that he seems to love slaving over a hot stove (he's offered more brownies for my next outing, totally un-coerced) and taking into consideration the state of him after a heavy cooking session, I do sometimes wonder if he needs the oven at all.

I'll post a picture of the next set of moist, crumbly chocolate-chunk-containing slices of wickedness to emerge from his kitchen.

A man who cooks!! It doesn't get any better than this.




A man offering HIS muffin to a lady - what a role reversal


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group