The Club

The League's Clubhouse
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Missing in (in)Action
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:35 pm 
Retained Solicitor

Where has the beloved leader gone?

Where for that matter are the ferret botherers and assorted others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:03 pm 
Secretary

I presume Sam's still waiting for a broadband connection to be set up at wherever she has moved to.

As for everyone else, short of calling them splitters :twisted: , I don't know. :?

The thing is, if members are passing through, seeing it's quiet and therefore not hanging around, it sets up a vicious circle that results in just the usual suspects posting in here. :(

If those members passing by put something in, so that there was discernible activity over and above my daily spambot-killing routine :wink: , maybe it would generate more activity... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:44 pm 
Retained Solicitor

spesh wrote:
I presume Sam's still waiting for a broadband connection to be set up at wherever she has moved to.

As for everyone else, short of calling them splitters :twisted: , I don't know. :?

The thing is, if members are passing through, seeing it's quiet and therefore not hanging around, it sets up a vicious circle that results in just the usual suspects posting in here. :(

If those members passing by put something in, so that there was discernible activity over and above my daily spambot-killing routine :wink: , maybe it would generate more activity... :roll:

Well I post but there's no one to reply to- so I end up discussing things with myself wibble

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:02 pm 
Right Honourable Member

I get up to stuff that's too embarassing to post about. For example - I'm sat here on my bed having a quick read whilst listening to Clannad "The Celts" bouncing around with excitement as I'm about to drive to Guildford to collect my mate and her little girl.

We will then go to a huge local garden centre for the opening of their Christmas display - it's huge, and full of shiny sparkly things and lights and mince pies and it's just too, too girly for words.

This is not an isolated incident. This is what my life is like. :wink:

I'm hosting a 20 mile hilly for the local ACF ladies tomorrow though - I may have incriminating photos to share!

See ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:25 pm 
Secretary

spen666 wrote:
Well I post but there's no one to reply to- so I end up discussing things with myself wibble

Some of the best conversations I've had have been inside my own head.

At least, that's what the voices tell me... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:07 am 
Right Honourable Member

And today my ride will partially be carried out to the dulcet tones of the New Forest Plonkers!!!

I have husband-cooked triple chocolate brownies to take with me though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:19 am 
Retained Solicitor

Cath Humes wrote:
And today my ride will partially be carried out to the dulcet tones of the New Forest Plonkers!!!

I have husband-cooked & triple chocolate brownies to take with me though.

isn't cooking your husband a form of domestic violence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:05 pm 
Upstanding Member

More to the point, does he generate enough heat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:37 pm 
Right Honourable Member

Whew! I'm back, having now recovered from a horrible computer death. Took nearly a week to sort out and I now have a "new" old computer.

So, as for the domestic violence and husband heat-generation, I can only announce gladly that he seems to love slaving over a hot stove (he's offered more brownies for my next outing, totally un-coerced) and taking into consideration the state of him after a heavy cooking session, I do sometimes wonder if he needs the oven at all.

I'll post a picture of the next set of moist, crumbly chocolate-chunk-containing slices of wickedness to emerge from his kitchen.

A man who cooks!! It doesn't get any better than this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:23 pm 
Retained Solicitor

Cath Humes wrote:
Whew! I'm back, having now recovered from a horrible computer death. Took nearly a week to sort out and I now have a "new" old computer.

So, as for the domestic violence and husband heat-generation, I can only announce gladly that he seems to love slaving over a hot stove (he's offered more brownies for my next outing, totally un-coerced) and taking into consideration the state of him after a heavy cooking session, I do sometimes wonder if he needs the oven at all.

I'll post a picture of the next set of moist, crumbly chocolate-chunk-containing slices of wickedness to emerge from his kitchen.

A man who cooks!! It doesn't get any better than this.

A man offering HIS muffin to a lady - what a role reversal